Solar street lights are raised light sources powered by solar panels installed on the lighting structure or integrated in the pole itself. Solar panels charge rechargeable batteries and power fluorescent or LED lights at night.
Most solar lights are automatically turned on and off by sensing the outdoor light through the voltage of the solar panel. The design of solar street lights can work overnight. If the sun does not stay in the sky for a long time, many can remain illuminated for more than one night. Older models include lamps without fluorescent lights or LEDs. Solar lights installed in windy areas are usually equipped with flat panels to better cope with the wind. Modern design uses wireless technology and fuzzy control theory for battery management. Street lights using this technology can operate as a network, and each light has the ability to turn on and off the network.
Solar panels are inexpensive to maintain because you do not need to hire a specialist, you can do most of the work yourself. Worried about the maintenance of your solar street lights? Well, read on to find out the basics of solar street light maintenance.
- Clean the solar panel
Due to being outdoors for a long time, a large amount of dust and fine particles will be adsorbed on the glass surface, which will affect its work efficiency to a certain extent. Therefore, the solar panels are cleaned at least once every six months to ensure the normal operation of the solar panels. Please refer to the following steps:
- Wash away large particles and dust with clean water
- Use a soft brush or soapy water to wipe off the fine dust, please don’t use too much force
- Wipe dry with a cloth to avoid any water stains
- Avoid being covered
Pay close attention to the shrubs and trees growing around the solar streetlights, and trim them regularly to avoid the solar panels being blocked and reducing the power generation efficiency
- Clean the modules
If you notice that your solar street light is dark, check the solar panels and batteries. Sometimes, it may be because the surface of the module needs to be cleaned. Since they are exposed to the outdoor environment most of the time, dust and debris do cover the outer layer of the module. Therefore, it is best to remove them from the lampshade and wash them thoroughly with soap and water. Finally, don’t forget to dry the water to make them more shiny.
- Check battery safety
The corrosion of the battery or its connection will cause the power output of the solar street light to be significantly reduced. To check the battery, carefully remove it from the fixture, and then check whether there is dust or slight corrosion near the connection and other metal parts.
If you find some rust, just get rid of it with a soft bristle brush. If the corrosion is hard and the soft brush cannot remove it, then you should use sandpaper. You can also try some home remedies for removing rust. However, if you find that most of the battery is corroded, you should consider replacing it, especially if it has been functioning for at least 4 to 5 years.
Please don’t buy spare parts from other home without telling us, otherwise the system will be damaged.
Please don’t debug the controller at will to avoid indirectly shortening or even ending the battery life.
Advantages of solar lights:
- Solar street lights are independent of the utility grid. Hence, the operation costs are minimized.
- Solar street lights require much less maintenance compared to conventional street lights.
- Since external wires are eliminated, risk of accidents are minimized.
- Electricity produced from solar panels is non-pollutive.
- Separate parts of a solar panel system can easily be transported.
- Energy costs can be saved.
OPERATION AND USE SAFETY REGULATIONS OF SOLAR LED STREET LIGHTING
- The installation and configuration of the system must comply with the suggestions given by our company and ensure that the lighting system complies with the policies of the local government.
- Users are not allowed to disassemble components, debug controllers, or replace components at will.
- The product should be installed in a place with few obstructions.
- It is strictly forbidden to touch the metal parts of the equipment terminal, otherwise it may cause injury or fire
Interested in purchasing LED lighting? We’re here to help. Bbier is a Professional China Automatic Solar Street Lights Company, we offer 10w 20w 30w 40w 50w 60w 80w 100w 120w , IP65 waterproof, CE ROHS ETL DLC Listed. We have 10 Years of LED Lights Development Experience, 5 Engineers, 50 LED lights patents, 200 LED Lights Certifications, all solar street Lights have 5 Years Warranty.