A lot of gardeners try to extend the growing season by using grow led light indoors to grow herbs, leafy vegetables and flowers. In the past times, the growers were used traditional bulbs to provide the necessary light for indoor plant growth.
Light-emitting diode (LED) grow lights are a new technological product, comparable to the compact traditional light bulbs now used for general lighting purposes in many homes.
Usually used to provide enough light for plants and flowers to grow in greenhouses and indoors. It is an alternative to high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting and metal halide lighting, which typically uses up to 75% of the power and generates more heat than LED plant growth lamps. Whether for commercial or non-commercial use, LED plant growth lights are generally energy-efficient and easy to install. They can also be combined with solar and wind energy technologies to maximize savings on electricity bills.
LED growers usually measure brightness in terms of luminescence or lux. These measurements refer to the brightness of the room when the LED lights are turned on. However, this does not indicate the growth of plants, as it is not based on photosynthetic active radiation (PAR), which is part of the spectrum used by plants. Micro Einstein measurement is usually a better way to measure the ability of the lamp to grow plants. Human eyes cannot see more than 60% of the light emitted by LED plant lights, so luminosity and lux measurements often mislead the amount of light absorbed by plants.
What’s the difference between grow led light and traditional bulb light?
LED grow light are energy-saving and durable. It is estimated to be 60% to 75% more energy efficient than conventional grow lights. In addition, the heat generated by traditional grow lights can scorch or dehydrate plants. LED lights produce almost no heat, which reduces the need for water and eliminates plant damage caused by heat. In addition, LED lights do not require fans or expensive ballasts.
Another advantage of LED lights is that they are easily adjusted to provide the type of light required by individual plants.
The grow light output is lower than fluorescent lamps, but the type of light they produce is more easily absorbed by plants. Plants use all the colors in the spectrum, but studies have shown that blue and red are the colors most conducive to plant growth. Some plants, such as green leafy vegetables, thrive under a lot of blue light, while other plants, such as African violets, require more red light to bloom.
The cost of LED lights is higher than that of fluorescent plant growth lights, but the cost savings during the entire life cycle of the bulb usually exceeds the initial cost. For growers with large indoor gardening projects or growers who plan to use indoor planting for a longer period of time, the savings are the most substantial.
What is watt available for led grow light?
The most common powers for LED grow lights are from 100W 200W 400W 600W 800W 1000W 1200W until 1500W watts. The new “UFO” type grow light provides three bands of spectrum, including red, blue and white light, to maximize plant growth. Other models are led panels with many lights. LED lights do not require fans or ballasts. our led grow light just plug them in and they are ready to use.
UFO LED Grow light
1. The UFO shape Grow Lights use full spectrum white color and red color to produce it, there are normal working voltage of AC100-277V, and high voltage of 347-480 VAC available to choose.
2. The power is from 100 Watt, 150 watt, 200 watt, 240 watt to 300 watt provide.
2. The lamp has adopted die-cast aluminum housing for our UFO led grow light, and is also sealed with a polycarbonate lens.
3. Our UFO Grow lamp have got the full certification of ETL FCC CE ROHS and ISO 9001, the quality is very stable and reliable.
What is the advantages of UFO Grow Lamp?
1. Lower operating cost and higher output, can provide strong light output and uniform canopy penetration, so as to obtain the maximum higher output. The footprint for vegetables is 5 x 5 feet, and the footprint for flowers is 4 x 4 feet. The multi-lamp connection with unified dimming function is particularly conducive to large-scale indoor commercial planting.
2. UFO LED grow lights provide high-performance solutions for the most demanding applications with a unique design. It can widely suitable for many places, such as grow tent, greenhouses, farms, mini gardens, hydroponic planting, growing flowers, succulents, and fruits anywhere.
1.The LED grow light uses the famous brand of Samsung SMD chip, the color are full-spectrum white color 5000K color, warm white 3000K color and 660nm red color to produce.
Our led panel grow light are uniquely designed to provide high-performance solutions for the most demanding applications. The LED grow light has a special circuit design. Each module works independently to avoid single damage. Our hot selling power is 800W with foldable type, this design can save much shipping costs for our customers.
2. Compared with Fluorescent lamp, this new dual-chip plant growth light kit is more brighter and efficient. It can perfectly help you save energy and improve the plant growth environment. It is very suitable for cannabis planting production, and it is also suitable for all kinds of vegetables and flowers in all growth stages.
3. Lower-energy LED plant lights, compared with other traditional bulb lights, can save energy up to 70%, plants can absorb more than 90% of the light energy; obtain higher intensity and more uniform coverage, infinitely close to day light. Plants respond quickly from seed to flowering, improving yield and crop quality.
4. High reflection and no noise-using all aluminum structure, heat dissipation is very good, the design of the fanless LED growth system can make plants grow better. Your plants get more energy without burning plants to get the most space, suitable for large rooms and commercial places.
Application of foldable led grow light
1. LED grow light can be install for hydroponics in soil and indoor living plant gardening, shelf and grow tent growth.
2. LED plant lamp are very suitable for planting seedlings, whether you are planting tomatoes, strawberries, roses, peppers, basil, lettuce, vanilla, kale, spinach, wheat germ, broccoli, wildflowers, cucumbers and other fruits and vegetables, lighting for plant growth. It can meet your growth needs at all stages and make crops more productive.
3. The corresponding spectrum is very suitable for seedling/young-age vegetative growth or flowering. With full-spectrum effective ultraviolet/infrared, correct and useful spectrum, it can be used for plant growth and flowering, including three colors of red, white and warm white, which can fully meet the needs of various indoor plant growth cycles.
As time of 2011, the price of LED grow lights ranges from less than US$100 to more than US$1,000, it depending on the size, wattage, and quality of the lights. Although the cost of initial setup is high, remember that these lamps have a lifetime of up to 5-10 years and significantly reduce energy costs.
How to choose
Firstly, choose a reputable supplier that provides a money-back guarantee. Avoid using hype or gimmicks to lure you into sources. Secondly, consider the amount of space you have, your budget, and the type of plants you want to grow.
Avoid low-powered and low-priced plant growth lights. For example, each individual lamp in the panel should have an output of at least 1 watt. Read the fine print to determine how many square feet the LED lights will cover. For an average growth of 5 x 5, you need 25 square feet of coverage.
If you want to grow some herbs in the kitchen, please look for a reasonably priced kit. Also, you should think about what you want to develop. Compared with flowering or fruiting plants, green leafy vegetables require less light.
Please do your homework before investing in LED grow lights. This technology is fairly new from 2020, but it will continue to improve with research day by days. For serious hydroponics or indoor gardeners, LED grow light are definitely worth considering. As technology advances and prices drop, amateurs may choose to wait longer.