High-bay lights are used to illuminate spaces with high ceilings. That usually means ceilings ranging from 20 feet to approximately 45 feet. Low-bay lights, on the other hand, are used for ceilings 20 feet and under. Because a high-ceiling location has more space to fill, a high-bay, by definition, is a powerful light source that can brighten up a large area. The term UFO comes from the round shape of this style of high bay light. When we need UFO Highbya light, do you know How Do select which UFO High Bay light should be Used?
Where are UFO high bay lights used?
Considering their location, UFO high bay lights are naturally suitable for commercial and industrial use. They have multiple applications in a range of industries, including workshops, factories, and assembly lines. You can also see high bay lights in large recreational facilities and gymnasiums. These lights are also very suitable for lighting storage facilities and warehouses. They can be used in large conference halls, event centers, or any place where lighting is required from a height of 20 feet or more. They are even used in hangars and other large cave buildings. Here are some examples of possible use of UFO High Bay lights:
Auto Body Shop Lighting
Basketball Arena Lighting
Indoor Riding Arena Lighting
What are the different types of UFO High Bay Lights?
When setting up high spot lights, many types of fixtures can be used. These lamps include LED lamps, induction lamps, metal halide lamps and fluorescent lamps. Each overhead luminaire has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, LED lamps provide extremely long life and energy efficiency, but require a larger initial investment, while traditional incandescent lamps are cheaper when initially purchased, but do not last long and use more energy.
In addition to having different costs and efficiencies, there are several fixtures available for high bay lights. Circular high bay lights (UFO’s), linear high bays, architectural high bays and grid installation high bays all provide different light quality and coverage styles. The type of light that suits you best depends on your personal taste and the tasks you want to accomplish in this light.
What are the benefits of UFO LED High Bays?
One of the benefits of high bay lighting is that it provides clear, uniform lighting with little glare below it. Different reflectors can complete different high spot lighting tasks. The aluminum reflector allows the light from the luminaire to flow directly to the floor, while the acrylic reflector creates a more diffuse lighting for illuminating shelves and other elevated objects in the space.
Longer lasting lights. Depending on the model, the life of the LED lamp can be up to 10 years.
Low to no heat. The energy-saving nature means that there is no heat loss during the production process, so this kind of lamp feels cool to the touch.
Change light bulbs less often. This is especially useful in professional situations, because you need durable lamps so your employees can focus on their work.
Provides a better wattage in return for the lumens consumed. Over time, this will help you save on water and electricity bills.
How Do I select which UFO High Bay should be Used?
When figuring out what type of fixtures you will need a few rule of thumbs should make your choices easier.
- First of all, how high you will install your led lamps.
- Second, your lighting has a lot to do with what kind of lighting you need. Namely (factory, warehouse, production area, channel)
- Third, how many automated lighting devices do you need? For example, do you want your lighting devices to turn off via sensors, or are you willing to turn them on and off every night. By choosing an automated route, energy can be greatly saved.
- Fourth, how do you plan to wire your lighting equipment. There are a few options here. The first is hard wire, and the second is power cord and plug. In these two wiring, the ease of installing these lights is very obvious.
- Fifth, how do you plan to install your UFO device. The advantage of these lamps is that you can use hooks to hang the lamps in place of the old traditional lamps. This allows the old lighting technology to be replaced quickly and easily.
- Lumen output vs. Watt output These lamps can range considerably from brand to brand. Be sure to pay close attention to the lumens per watt of the lamp you want to buy, they can be very many and should be a huge deciding factor.
- Spread of light and optics play a big role in the distribution of light along the surface of the area you are illumination as well.
- Be very cautious of inferior products with sub-par components used in lighting fixtures as well. Some of the problems with bad components can cause premature wear and flickering lights.
Interested in purchasing LED lighting? We’re here to help. Bbier is a Professional China UFO high bay light Company, we can offer 60w 100w 150w 200w 240w 300w, IP65 CE ROHS ETL DLC Listed. We have 10 Years of LED Lights Development Experience, 5 Engineers, 50 LED lights patents, 200 LED Lights Certifications, all led UFO High bay Lights have 5 Years Warranty.