As a kind of environment friendly and energy-saving lamps, road solar lights have been used in our life widely. How should we choose power to meet our needs? Many people are concerning about this questions. Here, we introduce the methods and precautions briefly.
The power of road solar lights is depended on the width of the road and the surrounding environment, the height depends on the width of the road, and the line spacing depends on the power of the light source and the secondary light distribution of the lamps.
- One of the most important link that restricting the application of solar power is price. Take a dual-channel road solarlights as an example. If the two channels are 6 downstream areas, the effective light is 4.5h/day, the discharge is 7 hours a night, and the battery panel is increased by 20%. The battery panel needs about 160W. The cost of the battery panel is 4800RMB, In addition, the cost of the battery pack of about 180AH is also about 1800RMB, and the large cost of the entire street lamp has caused the main bottleneck in the application of solar street lamps.
- The service life of the battery should also be considered in the application of the entire road solarlights The general battery is guaranteed for three or five years, and the general battery will be unsatisfactory after half a year. Some actual charging rates may drop to about 50%, which will definitely affect the night during continuous rainy days. It is especially important to choose a better battery.
- Some engineering companies often choose LED lights as the lighting of solar street lights, but the quality of LED lights is not uniform, and the LED with serious light decay has half 50% illuminance. Therefore, the best choice is LVD induction lamp with long light life, high light efficiency and slow light decay, or low-pressure sodium lamp.
- The choice of controller is often a problem that is ignored by engineering companies. The quality of the controller is not uniform. The market price of 12V/10A controllers varies. Although it is the least valuable part of the entire street light system, it is It is a very important link. The damage of the controller directly affects the life of the solar street lamp and the purchase cost of the entire system.
- In places far away from the urban area, attention should also be paid to anti-theft work. Many engineering companies failed to implement effective anti-theft due to negligence in construction, resulting in the theft of storage components, which not only affected normal lighting, but also caused unnecessary property losses. At present, most of the stolen batteries in engineering cases are batteries. The burying of batteries is an effective anti-theft measure. It is best to weld and strengthen the battery box on the light pole.
- Waterproof of the controller. The controller is usually installed in the lampshade or battery box, and there is generally no water ingress. However, in the actual engineering case, the controller terminal is caused by rainwater flowing into the controller along the connecting line and causing a short circuit. Therefore, during construction, you should be careful to bend the internal connection wire into a “U” shape and fix it, and connect the external “U” shape, so that rainwater cannot enter and cause the controller to short-circuit. In addition, waterproof glue can be applied to the internal and external wiring interfaces .
- In many practical applications, road solar lights cannot meet the normal lighting needs in many places, especially in rainy days, except for the more sudden and poor related components. Another main reason is to blindly reduce the cost of components, do not design and configure according to requirements, and reduce battery boards and batteries will cause road solar lights to fail to provide lighting on cloudy and rainy days. The calculation formula for the configuration of solar panels and storage batteries is provided below:
- calculate the current,such as: 12V battery system; 2 40W lamps, a total of 80 watts. Current=80W÷12V=6.7 A
- Calculate the battery capacity requirements: For example: the accumulated lighting time of road solar lights every night needs to be 7 hours (h) at full load; (For example, turn on at 8:00 in the evening, turn off 1 channel at 11:30 in the evening, turn on 2 channels at 4:30 in the morning, and close at 5:30 in the morning) It needs to meet the lighting needs of continuous rainy days for 5 days. (5 days plus the lighting of the night before the rainy day,total 6days)Battery=6.7A 7h (5+1)days=6.7A ×42h =280 AH . In addition, in order to prevent the battery from overcharging and over-discharging, the battery is charged to about 90% generally; about 20% left for discharge. So 280AH is only about 70% of the real standard in the application. (3)Calculate the peak demand (WP) of solar panels:
The accumulated lighting time of street lights needs to be 7 hours (h) per night; The solar panels receive an average effective light time of 4.5 hours (h) per day; Relax at least 20% of the reserve for solar panels.WP÷17.4V=(6.7A 7h 120%)÷ 4.5hWP÷17.4V=12.5 WP =217(W): 4.5h sunshine time per day is the sunshine coefficient in the vicinity of the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River. In addition, in solar street lamp components, the line loss, the loss of the controller, and the power consumption of the ballast or constant current source are different. In actual applications, it may be about 5%-25%. So 162W is only a theoretical value, and it needs to be increased according to actual conditions.
BBier is a professional outdoor road solar lights supplier & manufacturer in Shenzhen China.We have focused on energy saving and environment protection for more than 10 years. Our products passed ETL&DLC&CE&ROHS certifications.
We also have such experience of help government to solve street light problems our factory, we can help you make an sample for test first. And we can also make customization based on your requirements.