LED flood lights, also known as security lights, offer homeowners a more practical option to incorporating bright exterior lighting into their home exteriors. Instead, buy very expensive fixtures and a lot of bulbs. By strategically installing led flood lights, you not only extend the lifespan of your porch, basketball hoop, or swimming pool, you also dissuade intruders as well as wild animals from entering your home.
If you are in the process of choosing led flood lights for your home, you might be overwhelmed by the wide range of options that are available to you. Having a clear idea of your lighting objective and a thorough knowledge of the various products in the market will enable you to choose the appropriate led flood light for your home.
For most conditions, people use outdoor LED floodlights for two reasons: nighttime illumination and security. If you purchase an outdoor light for security, you can select the models with more advanced features, such as motion sensors and cameras that start recording when movement is detected. If you purchase an outdoor light for nighttime illumination, you can choose a good outdoor led flood light, such as with motion sensor, or light control ( photocell sensor). Not solar led flood light, it not only use in outdoor but also apply in outdoor. The application more widely.
While choosing the right floodlight rather depends on your needs, Considering a few things that you should keep in mind when buying LED floodlights.
- Location: Where is the floodlight to be placed? On the building, on the wall, on the pole, on the ceiling, or somewhere else altogether? Deciding on the location of the floodlight will help you move on to the next step in making a choice.
- Beam angle: Do you want a focused light or something that covers the entirety of your lawn or any other space? For wider spaces, you need an LED floodlight that has a wider beam angle. Usually, a beam angle of 120 degrees is perfect for most needs. For focused one staff or one thing, you need a spotlight.
- How do you want it to work: Except for the standard on/off switches, now modern led flood lights offer many choices for your optional. You can choose LED floodlights that switch on when the sun sets and switches on with the break of dawn. Or you can choose a motion-sensor floodlight that switches on the moment it detects any movement. Or you can select light control(photocell), etc.
- Detection angle: If you wish to use motion detected LED floodlights then this is a crucial factor that you must consider. Standard LED sensor-based LED floodlights to work only when a person or animal is directly in front of the light. The anti-creep floodlights on the other hand work even when the target is standing on the sides of the light.
- Lumens: How strong do you want your lights to be? Illuminating your home’s exterior ward off burglars and other unwanted intruders? Or help you navigate your space or nighttime illuminating? The higher the lumens, the brighter the brightness. The brighter the light requirement, the more the lumens required.
- How much area to cover to illuminate
- Climate: Learn the climate in your place. An IP rating from 44 to 64 works in mild climates. But for extreme weather conditions, we recommend flood lights with a rating of IP65 or above.
- Power source: Electrical (requires a hard-wired outlet), solar- (best for locations with lots of sunshine), or battery-powered (needs to be changed periodically).
- Wattage：Wattage is the measure of the light’s energy consumption – not how much light it puts out. Energy-efficient light uses fewer watts to give off the same amount of brightness (lumens). Because of this, LEDs (which have typically low wattages when compared with lumens) not only help reduce energy usage but also lower electric bills. Watts (W) represents how many joules per second are consumed. The higher the wattage, the greater the power consumption. But there is no direct relationship between wattage and brightness because we use lumens (lm) to represent brightness, not wattage to represent brightness. The higher the lumens, the brighter the brightness. The brighter the light requirement, the more the lumens required. For instance, 100W(1000lm) halogen bulbs produce a brightness of 30W(3000lm) LED lights. Especially with the advancement of LED lighting technology, it can produce higher brightness than the same wattage of traditional energy-saving light.
- Color Temperature. Color temperature refers to the color appearance of the light that comes from a light source. It’s an important performance characteristic to assess when evaluating bulbs because the color temperature creates the mood of the space you are lighting and can thus influence buying behavior or work performance. The apparent color of a light source is measured in Kelvin. The higher the Kelvin temperature, the whiter the light.
- Cost: Choose LEDs for their energy efficiency and money savings.
- What certificate for your light? When a fixture is DLC Listed (stands for Design Light Consortium) it may qualify for energy rebates by your local utility which can significantly reduce the cost of ownership in the USA. The qualified products list is a resource for program administrators, to help them decide which solid-state lighting products to include in their energy efficiency promotions.
- Installation: Pick a flood light that has clear instructions and requires little tools to install.
LED flood lights, which are also known as security lights, are strategically placed to provide high-quality lighting for areas such as overhead highway sign lighting, billboard lighting, building facades, and other similar applications. Targeting the correct flood light for different applications can be challenging due to the number of options available for these light fixtures. Here are some features to consider when deciding which outdoor LED Floodlights are right for you.
What advantages for LED Flood Lights？
LED Flood Lights Have Long Lifespan: Maximum LED Flood Lights to have 50,000 hours lifespan.
LED Flood Lights Produce Less Heat: LED Flood Lights have low operating temperatures and hence don’t generate a lot of heat like fluorescent lights.
LED Flood Lights Energy-Efficient: By making a switch from traditional halogen light to modern LED Flood Lights, at least 88% of energy can be saved, thus saving you from paying extra for extra energy consumption.
LED Flood Light has a better CRI: The LED Flood Light comes with a CRI of 80 enabling objects and surfaces to look realistic and unartificial up to the extent of 80% in comparison to an ideal or natural light source.
Instant On: This product does not require any warm-up time or cooling down to stay in operation. Hence, an instant-on solar street lighting effect observed.
Eco-Friendly: LED Flood Lights does not contain any toxic waste products and does not leave any carbon footprint.
LED Lights comes with a Motion Sensor: Maximum Indoor and Outdoor Lights comes with Motion Sensor. That means the sensor LED flood lights to turn off and turn on automatically.
LED Flood Lights Have a Dimmable Option: With the Dimmable option, you can adjust the brightness of LED Lights according to you.
Low Maintenance: There is only one-time investment in LED Flood Lights. In fact, all the LED lights need low maintenance as long life span, such as LED tube lights, LED corn lamps, and so on.
How does the led flood light work?
LED flood lights have a wide range of uses, especially the diversity of this product has greatly increased in the past few years, used to illuminate your own backyard or front yard. The difference between led floodlights and other types of led lights is not only the wide angle of light but also that they must be waterproof and resistant to bad weather and other factors. Because of this, led flood lights are more durable than indoor led lights.
LED Flood Light’s main purpose is to make your outdoor area brighter with high-intensity light. LED Flood Lights gives you a more high-intensity light to secure and save your outdoor space. Today, bbier lighting share with you how to choose the right LED flood light, hope our article helps you make a decision when buying LED flood light.
When you need a reliable light source for illuminating open spaces, choose bbier lighting’s outdoor LED floodlights. We manufacture and supply an extensive range of premium quality LED floodlights suitable for residential, commercial, sports lighting, and industrial lighting applications. We offer floodlights in a range of sizes, wattages, lumen, and appearance that can help you perfectly suit your specific applications.
We supply tough and durable outdoor LED lighting especially designed for the harsh climate. Our LED lighting is high efficiency and uses very little power compared with traditional incandescent lights. LED lights also give off much less heat and can last up to 50 times longer than typical incandescent bulbs.
Browse through our huge range of floodlights and you’ll find the right lighting solution for your individual needs.
You may like: