Plant lighting LED plant growth lamp beads mainly include red light beads, blue light beads, white light beads and full spectrum beads. The reason why these spectral beads are used is that countless tests have proved that the most needed light for plant growth is red light and blue light. LED plant lamp white light beads are to supplement other spectral components that may be needed for plant growth.The spectra emitted by the beads of full-spectrum LED plant lamps are mainly red and blue, and the light quality also has a significant impact on callus attraction and organ differentiation. Red spectrum plays a particularly important role in the flowering and fruiting of plants.
Effects of spectral range on plant physiology
280~315nm — has little effect on morphology and physiological processes
315~400nm – Low chlorophyll absorption, affecting photoperiod effect and preventing stem elongation
400~520nm (blue) — the ratio of chlorophyll to carotenoid absorption is the largest, which has the greatest effect on photosynthesis
520~610nm (green) – The absorption rate of pigment is not high
610~720nm (red) – Low chlorophyll absorption and significant effects on photosynthesis and photoperiod
720~1000nm – Low absorptivity, stimulating cell elongation, affecting flowering and seed germination
> 1000nm — converted to heat
From the above data, it can be seen that different wavelengths of light have different influences on plant photosynthesis. The wavelength of light required for plant photosynthesis is about 400~720nm.Light at 400~520nm (blue) and 610~720nm (red) contributed the most to photosynthesis.Light at 520~610nm (green) has a very low rate of absorption by plant pigments.
The rate of pigment absorption is very low.
Convert into heat LED plant lights Features:
- Different wavelengths of light have different effects on plant photosynthesis. The wavelength of light required for plant photosynthesis is about 400-700nm.Light at 400-500nm (blue) and 610-720nm (red) contribute most to photosynthesis.
- Blue (470nm) and red (630nm) leds provide just the right amount of light for plants, so a combination of these two colors is ideal.Visually, the combination of red and blue plant lights appear pink.
- blue light helps plant photosynthesis can promote green leaf growth, protein synthesis, fruit formation;Red light can promote the growth of plant roots, help flowering and fruit and prolong the flowering period, play a role in increasing production!
- LED plant lamp red and blue LED ratio is generally appropriate between 4:1-9:1, usually optional 6-9:1.
- When using plant lamps to fill the light of plants, the height of the general distance from the leaves is about 0.5-1 meters, and the continuous exposure of 12-16 hours a day can completely replace the sunlight.
- the effect is very remarkable, the growth rate is nearly 3 times faster than the normal natural growth of plants.
- Solve the trouble caused by the lack of sunlight in the greenhouse in winter, promote the chlorophyll, anthocyanin and carotene required by plant photosynthesis, make vegetables and fruits harvested 20% earlier, increase the yield by 3 to 5 percent, improve the sweetness of vegetables and fruits and reduce pests and diseases.
- LED light source, also known as semiconductor light source, this light source wavelength is relatively narrow, can emit a specific wavelength of light, so can control the color of light.It can be used to illuminate plants individually and improve plant varieties.
- LED plant growth lights have low power, but high efficiency, because other lights emit the full spectrum, that is, there are seven colors, while the plant needs only red and blue light, so most of the light energy of traditional lights is wasted, so the efficiency is very low.LED plant growth lights are extremely efficient because they emit the specific red and blue light that plants need, which is why a few watts of power is better than tens or even hundreds of watts of power.Another reason is that the spectrum of traditional sodium lamp lacks blue light, while the spectrum of mercury lamp and energy-saving lamp lacks red light. Therefore, the filling effect of traditional lamp is much worse than that of LED lamp, and the energy saving is more than 90% compared with traditional lamp, which greatly reduces the operation cost.
Advantages of LED plant lights:
- No standard power socket connectors for drivers or cooling fans are required.
- The environment where red and blue wavelengths are needed for plant growth.
- Compared with other ordinary lighting equipment, the LED plant lamp line is mild and will not cause the seedling plants to burn.
- compared with other plant lights can save 10% ~ 20% of the electricity cost.5. Blue light can promote plant growth, while red light makes plants bloom and bear fruit.
Just like growing plants outdoors, in addition to the effect of light, many other factors affecting plant growth need to be combined, such as carbon dioxide concentration, ambient humidity and temperature, air quality, moisture and other nutrients.
From the perspective of indoor plant lighting, we advocate the use of LED plant growth lights, so how do LED plant lights affect plant growth?
LED plant lights control the photoperiod to affect plant growth
All living things on Earth have their own schedules. People need to work, but also need to rest.Animals need to;Same thing.Plants also have time to work and time to rest, which we call photoperiod.
Plants grow in the open nature, each plant has formed its own photoperiod gene, but due to a variety of natural uncontrollable factors, their real growth talent has not been fully excavated, LED plant lights bring plants from outdoor to indoor, a variety of growth conditions can be completely artificial control, completely activate the growth cells of plants.By LED plant lamp regulation of plant photoperiod, thus affecting the growth of plants.
LED plant lights affect plant growth by controlling light intensity
Light intensity has a very important effect on the cell proliferation and organ differentiation of plants, that is, on the growth of plants. Different light intensity affects the various stages of plant growth. In the early stage of plant growth, it does not need too much light, as long as it can meet the needs of plant germination and growth.It is very important for the robustness and tidiness of seedlings. When plants bloom and bear fruit, the LED plant light directly affects the flowering period and fruit setting rate, and also determines the yield and quality of the plants.
LED plant lights custom control light quality affects plant growth
The influence of LED plant lights on plant growth is mainly accomplished by controlling light quality, light intensity and regulating plant photcycle. Special attention should be paid to the purchase of LED plant lights, and the corresponding light intensity and light quality of plant growth lights should be selected.