High quality solar path lights refer to low-rise lights arranged on one or both sides of roads in public places such as urban slow lanes, narrow lanes, residential areas, tourist attractions, parks, squares, private gardens, courtyard corridors, lawns, etc. It can embellish the city scenery during the day, and at night it can provide necessary lighting and convenience of life, increase the residents’ sense of security, and highlight the highlights of the city and interpret the beautiful style.A green energy lamp with the characteristics of safety, energy saving, environmental protection and convenient installation. When sunlight shines on the solar cell during the day, the solar cell converts light energy into electrical energy and stores the electrical energy in the storage battery through the control circuit. After dark, the electric energy in the battery powers the LED light source of high quality solar path lights through the control circuit. At dawn the next morning, the battery stops supplying power to the light source, the high quality solar path lights goes out, and the solar battery continues to charge the battery, repeating and cyclical work.
High quality solar path lights have 4 major characteristics:
- Energy saving and environmental protection. Traditional lawn lights use city electricity, which increases the city’s electricity load and generates electricity costs; while solar lawn lights use solar cells to convert light energy into electrical energy and store them in batteries, which is energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
- Easy to install. Traditional lawn lights need to be ditched and wired before installation; while solar lawn lights only need to be inserted into the lawn using ground plugs.
- High safety factor. The mains voltage is high and accidents are easy to occur; the solar battery is only 2V, and the low voltage is safe.
- Intelligent light control. The switch lights of traditional lawn lights need to be controlled manually; while the solar lawn lights have a built-in controller that controls the on and off of the light source through the collection and judgment of light signals.
How to choose high quality solar path lights?
- Look at solar panels
There are currently three types of solar panels: monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon and amorphous silicon.
Monocrystalline silicon energy board the photoelectric conversion efficiency can reach 20%; the parameters are stable; the service life is long; the cost is 3 times that of amorphous silicon
Polycrystalline silicon energy board the photoelectric conversion efficiency is about 18%; the production cost is lower than that of monocrystalline silicon;
Amorphous silicon energy board has the lowest cost; requires low light conditions, and can generate electricity under low light conditions; low photoelectric conversion efficiency, attenuates with the continuation of light, short life
- Looking at the process, the packaging process of the solar panel directly affects the service life of the energy panel
Glass lamination lasts longer, up to 15 years; the highest photoelectric conversion efficiency
PET laminate has a longer life span, 5-8 years
Epoxy has the shortest life span, 2-3 years
- Look at the battery
Lead-acid (CS) battery is sealed and maintenance-free, low price; to prevent lead-acid pollution, it should be phased out
Nickel cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery has good low temperature performance and long cycle life; prevents cadmium pollution
Ni-H (Ni-H) battery has larger capacity under the same volume, good low temperature performance, low price, environmental protection and no pollution
Lithium battery has the largest capacity under the same volume; high price, easy to catch fire and cause danger
- Look at the LED wick,
Compared with non-patented LED wicks, patented LED wicks have better brightness and lifetime, stronger stability, slower attenuation, and uniform light emission.
- Common sense of LED color temperature
White light, warm color (2700-4000K), giving a warm feeling and a stable atmosphere
Neutral white (5500-6000K) has a refreshing feeling, so it is called “neutral” color temperature
Cool white (above 7000K) gives a cool feeling
- Application prospects
In developed countries such as the United States, Japan, and the European Union, the demand for high quality solar path lights has shown rapid growth in recent years. European greening is very good, with high lawn coverage. High quality solar path lights have become part of the European green landscape. Among the high quality solar path lights sold in the United States, they are mainly used in private villas and various event venues. In Japan and South Korea, solar lawn lights have been widely used on lawns such as road greening and park greening.
In China, due to its energy saving, environmental protection, and convenient installation characteristics, high quality solar path lights have gradually become popular in private villas and communities.