LED Street lighting is closely related to people’s production and life. With the acceleration of my country’s urbanization process, green, efficient, and long-life LED street lights have gradually come into people’s field of vision. At present, LED lighting technology is becoming more and more mature, and the light efficiency of high-power LED has reached 80m/W. Its advantages are power saving, environmental protection, safety, long life and high color rendering index. As a brand-new lighting technology, LED street lamps make it possible to transform urban street lamps into energy-saving lighting. Under the global green tide of energy saving and environmental protection, replacing traditional street lamps with LED street lamps has naturally become the focus of attention.
From the perspective of the use of road lighting in my country, the most common street lamp lighting sources are high-pressure discharge (HID) types, such as high-pressure sodium lamps, metal halide lamps, low-pressure sodium lamps and high-pressure mercury lamps. The disadvantages are:
1. The light source of the traditional street lamp contains heavy metal substances, which pollute the environment, and the light source is spherical light, the light divergence is not easy to control, the light divergence is not easy to control, and the light easily overflows the designated irradiation area, so light pollution is formed;
2. The energy consumption of traditional street lighting sources is 5-10 times that of LEDs. In our country, lighting electricity accounts for about 12% of the total electricity. According to conservative estimates, my country’s total power generation will reach 300 billion kWh in 2010, and lighting electricity will be about 360 billion kWh, of which nearly 70% will be used for road lighting. If it can save half of the road lighting electricity consumption of nearly 130 billion kWh, which is equivalent to 1.5 times the annual power generation of the Three Gorges Power Station.
3. In terms of color rendering: traditional street lamps are poor, and the color rendering index can only reach about 20~40;
4. In terms of uniformity: traditional street lamps have low uniformity, although the vertical illuminance can reach the road lighting standard,
However, the edge illuminance is far lower than the vertical illuminance, and the uniformity is poor, which cannot meet the road lighting standards;.
5. Traditional street lamps can only reach the level of “brightness”, not the level of lighting “quality”. Traditional street lighting
The direction is uncontrollable, forming a circular spot on the road, causing partial shadows, and poor lighting effects.
And the vehicle driver has an impact on the vision, and it is prone to traffic accidents.
Below we compare the main performance advantages of LED street lamps with traditional street lamps (high pressure sodium lamps):
1. Environmental protection: LED is a solid luminous body, which can withstand high-intensity mechanical shock and vibration, not easy
Broken, waste is easy to recycle. And the LED light source itself does not contain harmful substances such as mercury and lead, and no infrared
And ultraviolet pollution, will not cause pollution to the outside world during production and use. Powered by solar cells,
Will be more conducive to environmental protection.
2. Energy saving: high luminous efficiency, low reflection loss of lamps and lanterns, saving energy by 70%; under the same brightness
The power consumption is only 1/10 that of ordinary incandescent lamps.
4. Good color rendering: The color temperature of LED street lights can be flexibly selected between 4000-7000K, and the color rendering index can reach more than 80. The light-emitting color is closer to natural light, the road looks brighter and feels more comfortable, and the driver is also Feel safer.
5. High utilization rate of light efficiency: The utilization rate of LED light source is high, about 90%. The light-emitting angle of LED can be consistent with the light-emitting angle of the lamp. The light of LED street lamp can directly illuminate the designated area, and the light source utilization rate is high.