An LED street light is an integrated light that uses light emitting diodes (LED) as its light source. These are considered integrated lights because, in most cases, the luminaire and the fixture are not separate parts. In manufacturing, the LED light cluster is sealed on a panel and then assembled to the LED panel with a heat sink to become an integrated lighting fixture. Do you know the advantages of street lights?
People have created different designs and integrated different types of LEDs into lamps. You can use a small number of high-power LEDs, or you can use many low-power LEDs. The shape of the LED street light depends on several factors, including the LED configuration, the heat sink used with the LED, and aesthetic design preferences.
The radiator used for LED street lights is similar in design to the radiator used to cool other electronic products such as computers. The radiator often has as many grooves as possible to promote the flow of hot air away from the LEDs. The size of the heat exchange area directly affects the service life of the LED street lamp.Compared with the original design specifications, the life of an LED street lamp depends on its light output. Once the brightness of the LED street lamp drops by 30%, it is considered to be the end of its life.
Most LED street lights have a lens on the LED panel, which is designed to project light into a rectangular pattern, which has advantages over traditional street lights, which usually have a reflector on the back of the high-pressure sodium lamp. In this case, a lot of light loses its brightness and produces light pollution in the air and surrounding environment.
One disadvantage of the LED focusing panel is that most of the light points to the road, and very little light points to the sidewalk and other areas. This can be solved by using a special lens design and adjustable mounting faucet.
In an LED street lighting project, a simple LED lighting model simplifies the optimization of high-performance lighting design. These practical formulas can be used to optimize LED street lighting installations to reduce light pollution, increase comfort and visibility, and maximize lighting uniformity and light usage efficiency.
Advantages of LED street lights
- Low energy consumption: Many LED lighting retrofits have been claimed to greatly reduce energy use.
- Long-term and predictable service life: The expected service life of LED street lights is usually 10-15 years, which is 2-4 times that of the currently commonly used HPS. (Compared with other technologies, the LED itself usually does not fail or “burn out”. Unless other mechanical or electronic components of the LED fixture have a catastrophic failure, their lifespan will generally reduce the amount of light emitted by 30%. The service life is limited by the weakest link; the related drive electronics are usually expected to last 50,000 hours. It is important to understand that no LED street light product has been used long enough to confirm the projection.) If it is achieved in practice, Less need to repair or replace leds will mean lower maintenance costs.
- More accurate color rendering: The color rendering index is the ability of a light source to correctly reproduce the color of an object compared to an ideal light source. Improved color rendering makes it easier for drivers to recognize objects.
- Turn on and off quickly: Unlike fluorescent and high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps, such as mercury vapor lamps, metal halide lamps and sodium vapor lamps, once it takes a while for heating to be turned on, the LED can reach full brightness immediately.
- Instant restart: Unlike mercury vapor, metal halide, and sodium vapor lamps (usually used for street lighting), LEDs will not restart (hot ignition) immediately after a brief power failure or accidental shutdown.
- RoHS compliance: LEDs don’t contain mercury or lead, and don’t release poisonous gases if damaged.
- Less attractive to nocturnal insects: Nocturnal insects are attracted to ultraviolet light emitted by many conventional light sources.
- Light-effect lighting equipment: Other types of street lamps use a reflector to capture the upward light emitted by the lamp. Even under the best conditions, the reflector will absorb some light. For fluorescent lamps and other phosphor-coated bulbs, the bulb itself absorbs some of the light reflected by the reflector. This glass cover, called a refractor, helps to project light onto the street in an ideal pattern, but some light is also wasted by being directed to the sky (light pollution). The LED light assembly (panel) can send light to the desired direction without a reflector.
- Reduced glare: Directing the light downward onto the roadway reduces the amount of light that is directed into driver’s eyes.
- Higher light output even at low temperatures: While fluorescent lights are comparably energy efficient, on average they tend to have lesser light output at winter temperatures.
Interested in purchasing LED lighting? We’re here to help. Bbier is a Professional China Automatic Solar Street Lights Company, we offer 50W 100W 150W 185W 200W 240W 300W 320W , IP65 waterproof, CE ROHS ETL DLC Listed. We have 10 Years of LED Lights Development Experience, 5 Engineers, 50 LED lights patents, 200 LED Lights Certifications, all solar street Lights have 5 Years Warranty.