Batteries are the main equipment of solar street lights. At present, the batteries used in solar street lights mainly include lead-acid batteries, gel batteries, ternary lithium batteries, and lithium iron phosphate batteries. At present, ternary lithium and lithium iron phosphate are used more. First, the size is small, the transportation cost is relatively small, the wiring is also convenient, and the pollution of lead-acid batteries and gel batteries is larger.So which battery is the best for solar street lights?
Solar street lights use lithium batteries for easy installation. When installing traditional solar street lights, a battery pit needs to be reserved and the battery is sealed in an underground box. The installation of lithium solar street lights is more convenient. The lithium battery can be directly installed on the bracket, using a suspended or built-in type. Lithium-ion solar street lights are easy to maintain. Lithium-ion solar street lights only need to take out the battery from the pole or battery panel during the maintenance process. Compared with lithium solar street lights produced by lithium battery spot welders, traditional solar street lights need to dig underground batteries for maintenance more troublesome.
The applications of solar street lamp batteries are mostly divided into the following categories:
1. Lead-acid battery: low price, suitable for low-temperature and high-rate discharge; sealed and maintenance-free; but attention should be paid to prevent lead-acid pollution, and if it is too bulky, it will be phased out. The plates of lead-acid batteries are made of lead and lead oxides, and the electrolyte is an aqueous solution of sulfuric acid. The main advantage of lead-acid batteries is that the voltage is relatively stable and the price is relatively cheap; the disadvantage is that the specific energy is relatively low, so the volume is much larger than ordinary batteries, and the service life of lead-acid batteries is relatively short, generally 300-500 deep cycles. Maintenance is relatively frequent, but because of the price advantage, it is still widely used in the solar street light industry.
2. Nickel-cadmium batteries: strong, cheap, economical and durable, and good low-temperature performance; but attention should be paid to prevent cadmium metal from polluting the environment.
3. Ni-MH battery: high-rate charging and discharging performance is good, pollution-free, green battery; small system is used, it is worthy of vigorous promotion.
4. Lithium iron phosphate battery: good high-temperature performance, large capacity, high charging and discharging efficiency, light weight, environmentally friendly and pollution-free; but its price is relatively expensive, and the charger is also selective. Lithium iron phosphate battery is a storage battery that integrates many advantages. It has higher specific energy, small size, fast charging, long service life, and good stability, but the price is the highest of all batteries. Its deep cycle charging times are generally 1500-2000 times. A set of lithium iron phosphate batteries can generally be used for 8-10 years under normal use, and can be used in an environment of -40℃-70℃. The scope is quite wide.
5. Ternary lithium battery: Ternary lithium battery has many advantages, it has high specific energy, small size, fast charging and high price. Its deep cycle times are about 500-800 times, and its life is similar to that of gel batteries, and the temperature range for use is -15°C-45°C. However, the ternary lithium battery also has its drawbacks. Its internal battery is not stable. If it is a ternary lithium battery produced by an unqualified manufacturer, it may explode during the overcharging process or in a high temperature environment.
6. Gel battery: It is equivalent to the upgraded version of lead-acid battery. It is maintenance-free and solves the criticism of frequent maintenance of lead-acid battery. The colloidal electrolyte replaces the sulfuric acid electrolyte internally. It is in charge of power storage, discharge capacity, safety performance and life. All aspects have improved, but sometimes even surpass the ternary lithium battery in terms of price. Gel batteries can be used in the temperature range of -40°C to 65°C. The low temperature performance is relatively good, and it can be used in the northern alpine regions. It has good seismic performance and can be used safely under various harsh conditions. The service life is double or even more than that of ordinary lead-acid batteries.
Because the solar energy of the solar street light is unstable, the energy is strong during the day but no energy is provided at night, and the solar street light needs to work at night, so the solar street light system needs to be equipped with a battery.
In summary, solar street lights use lithium iron phosphate batteries, of course, but the price is higher. At present, the solar street lights on the market use lithium iron phosphate batteries with reasonable prices. This product uses a lithium iron phosphate battery with a lifespan of up to 10 years. The price is very attractive. Interested consumers can understand .
However, the battery is the core part of the solar street light after all, so you must understand the manufacturer’s after-sales and technical assistance when buying, and personally recommend Bbier Lighting for you.Bbier Lighting Company has a variety of styles of solar street lights, solar lawn lights, and solar mushroom lights. They all use high-quality battery equipment and have a 5-year warranty. Welcome to buy.