UFO high bay lights are in great demand indeed according to customers’ feedback and repeat orders, their popularity has been proved on many occasions. It’s a new form of the high bay in the market and they already took the place of the traditional high bay lamp / industrial light, because of proven performance and good price.
Here are 8 Features that make LED UFO high bay light so popular;
- UFO high bay lamp, named for its unique shape and beauty alike UFO (unidentified flying object), small size and light weight. They have a beautiful dome-shaped skeleton and boasts LEDs that lights up any space brightly.
- Super brightness up to 130-150lm/W. High-efficiency 3030 LED chips which have more uniform lighting and by using the optical lens which makes it’s possible to offer with optimum bright lighting and at the same time using minimum space.
- Better heat dissipation performance. The light source and fin heat dissipation are perfectly combined to effectively transfer the heat, thereby reducing the temperature inside the lamp body and effectively ensuring the life of the light source and power supply.
- Compact design and good appearance. They do not require any reflectors that help to refocus light and to reduce glare. In addition, the UFO High bay lights have an in-built light angle that greatly assists in directing and focusing the light much better in 60, 90, 120-degree angles.
- Constant current and voltage make them stable quality. The applicable voltage, such as AC85-265V / 100-240V / 100-277V / 100-305V or customized AC200-520V, which overcomes the instability caused by the ballast that generates power grid and noise pollution, also it avoids the stimulation and fatigue brought to the eye during work.
- IP65 high protection rating has good waterproof and dustproof performance, which make them can prevent mist effectively due to environmental temperature difference. That ensures them available to use in outdoor and indoor moist environmental conditions.
- Easy to install. Compared with the traditional bulky and heavy industrial lamps, their small size and light weight make them easier to install and handle. That also means saving transportation cost relatively.
- Dimmable models available. Although dimmable lights are commonly used to illuminate residential spaces, they’re also widely used in commercial applications. Dimmable UFO high bay lamps allow them to meet different customers’ requirements by adjusting the brightness of the light.
When we are inside a Costco or a convention center. We have chances to lay our eyes on UFO style LED high bays. They’re one of the most common light fixtures in these huge/large area we can see. Because of their relatively small size and ease of installation but with extremely bright. They produce even light distribution that’s diffused to reduce glare. Here are some quick spec sheet about the BBier LED UFO high bay lights:
- Available in 100W, 150W, 200W, 240W,300W
- 13000 – 36000 Lumens
- 5000K White
- 120° Beam Angle
- AC120-277V Working VoltageAC347-480V high voltage is also available.
- Impact Resistant Aluminum Body and Glass Shield&PC lens.
Let’s face this fact: you probably already know what the LED UFO high bay light is, but you might still have some questions. If you already know the basic benefits, skip straight to our common questions.
The UFO style LED high bay light shares its linear-shaped counterpart’s basic benefits which includes the dimming ability , a long lifespan, and wide applications.
Use the Lutron Diva 0-10V dimmer switch to lower your UFO high bay’s lighting output and energy use. Because it has a 450W wattage capacity, we recommend wiring up to 3pcs 100W light fixtures,2pcs 150W light fixtures and so on. You’ll want to keep a buffer between the dimmer’s wattage capacity and the UFO high bays’ combined wattage in case of any voltage spikes, which may blow out the dimmer and/or fixtures.
This UFO LED high bay light lasts up to 50000 hours due in part to efficient LED chip technology and an externally built LED driver, which creates a gap that aids the heat dissipation. Different and high effective heat dissipation methods make UFO LED high bay light has long lifespan.
Affix the UFO LED high bay lights in any industrial or commercial building with high ceilings like:
- Distribution Centers
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Membership Warehouse Clubs
- Aircraft Hangars
Using reflectors will enable you to refine your UFO high bays’ beam angle and pay attention to its mild output. Your preferred beam angle will additionally decide how your fixtures will look. Affixing aluminum reflectors will supply you a 100° beam angle whilst retaining the UFO high bay’s smooth appearance. Using polycarbonate lenses will supply you a 70° beam angle while giving you a normal steel halide high bay bay look.
The covered hook let you to deploy the UFO high bay in minutes. But if you want a extra impenetrable mount, you can exchange the hook with a conduit pipe or a yoke. The former will enable you to pendant mount the UFO high bay. As you would commonly, however, you will have a inflexible fit, so the fixture won’t move. This is an best solutions for areas the place wind freely blows in like airplane hangars. A yoke will supply you the equal impenetrable healthy. Additionally let you wall mount the UFO high bay to set it at an angle.
Like the linear high bay, the UFO high bay can be outfitted with a movement sensor to save energy. Your business UFO lights will solely flip on when it detects recreation below them, decreasing the time it’s on and extending its running life. After a quick quantity of time, the high bay fixtures will dim then shut off when no movement is detected.
Mount the motion sensor on its heat sink or metal reflector (sold separately) for a 360° detection area. It covers a wide 26-feet radius and can be set up to 49 feet high, so you can hang your UFO high bays light without compromise.
If the features tick all the boxes for you, order the LED UFO high bay light now! Still on the fence? Read on to see common questions that contractors ask.
UFO HIGH BAY VS. LINEAR HIGH BAY
You might be wondering why you should opt for a UFO high bay if the linear high bay performs just as well. Aside from their shapes, there are some many differences.
As we introduced above, the UFO LED high bay’s beam angles can be sharpened with polycarbonate reflectors to adequately illuminate a small area. Its circular diode arrangement and lumen range makes our LED UFO lights ideal for shallow, more open spaces. On the other hand, LED linear high bays have a longer diode arrangement which can create a wider beam angle. They perform best when ceiling higher mounted r, making them an excellent solution for narrow spaces like high rising aisles.
Because the shape differs, the two high bays’ light distributions are dissimilar as well. Another reason why the linear high bay is perfect for lighting up aisles is that they output a uniform, rectangular light beam. UFO high bays shine a circular light beam.
The choice also comes down to your aesthetic taste. Do you want the traditional high bay appearance? Choose the UFO style. If you like the boxy fluorescent lamp look, go for the linear high bay style.
WHY USE LED INSTEAD OF METAL HALIDE?
Traditional high bay fixtures share the same pendant-style design as our UFO LED high bays. Their bulbs are omnidirectional though, meaning they shine in all directions. This required using aluminum reflectors to redirect the light downwards. While this salvages most of the lost light, the output would still be less than efficient.
Whereas LED high bays take less than a second to fully illuminate, metal halide fixtures take up to 20 minutes to reach standard operating temperatures.
HOW HIGH AND FAR APART CAN I SET THEM?
Each UFO high bay has a 110° beam angle, except for the 200W version which has a 120°. This and their lumen output will affect your mounting height. Based on a 40-50 foot candle output, we suggest mounting the LED UFO high bays at least 10 feet from the floor, and up to 20 feet. The spacing should equal the coverage, so if the 100W fixture gives you a 30-foot diameter, set them 30 feet apart. Refer to the diagram below.
IS THE UFO HIGH BAY Lights WATERPROOF?
While you can’t dunk your commercial fixtures in water, they can resist some moisture. Our UFO high bays lights are UL rated for wet location. Lights that can endure wet conditions earn the distinction by UL (Underwriters Laboratories), a nationally recognized testing lab in North America. A product is wet location rated if it can keep dripping, splashing, or flowing water from its electrical components. Indoor locations include grocery stores, membership warehouse clubs, and airplane hangars.
Do you have other questions regarding our LED high bay lights? Feel free to send us an email at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org. We regularly write posts and tips to help you make informed purchasing decisions.