How to repair and maintain solar street lights？
Common faults of solar street lights maintenance:
- 1.Battery problem : if the lighting time of solar street lights is short, the battery energy storage will decrease, which causing lighting time is short in cloudy and rainy days, that is the battery problem , and it should be replaced.
- LED light sourceproblem: Not all Solar street light beads are bright. In addition to the quality of the LED light source, it is a welding problem. You should replace the bad lightbeads in time or weld the lamp beads firmly or replace the lamp cap more directly.
- The problem of installation place: In the place thatsolar street lights are installed, the sun is not enough, and it is also a big problem that the battery cannot be stored. We need to find such kind of place that has enough sun light for suit to the solar street light system andmeet the lighting needs.
- Wiring problems: poor wiring connections, battery feeding, and reduced energy storage will cause lights to flicker. The poor connection of the circuit should be replaced or repaired in time.
What is the problem if the whole light is not on?
First, we need to check if the controller is flooded. If it is not the controller’s problem, we test if the battery has voltage or the voltage is lower than the rated voltage. If not, then we check if the battery panel has voltage. If don’t we change the battery board for the voltage.
Solutions to the failure of solar street lights:
1，The solar street lightsdoes not turn on: Possible faulty parts: LED light source, solar controller, battery, solar panel.
- Firstly,checkingif the terminals of the lamps are loose
- Remove the LED light source, connect it to the battery or DC12v power supply andsee if the light works normally, we need to pay attention to the positive and negative poles, the light does not bright, it means that the LED light is faulty and LED light need to be replaced.
- Measure the battery power supply. If it is lower than 11v, the controller is in the protection state and the lamp is fully charged before use. If it is higher than 11v, the controller is faulty and the controller needs to be replaced.
2，Short working hours of LED lights: Possible faulty parts: solar controller, solar panel
- The solar controller is set incorrect, please reset it with professional spec sheet.
- There is dust on the solar panel, clean the dust formake it provides power generation efficiency.
- If the rainy weather keeps more than3 days, it will return to normal when the weather is clear.
- The LED light is not bright enough:
3，Possible faulty parts: lampshade, LED light
- Clean the lampshade to make it clean.
- Clean the dirt on the contact part between the positive electrode of the light source and the spring to make it conductive.
If the solar street light has other problems, please ask professionals to check and repair it.